Welcome to Your Digital Enterprise Blog. The purpose of the blog is to give small and medium-sized business (SMB) owners in Brazil accurate and relevant information about Cloud Computing and SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions (e.g. Gmail, Google, Google Apps, Salesforce, etc).
For the last 12 I have worked with providing software solutions for some of the biggest companies in Brazil like Itau, Bradesco, Vivo and Porto Seguro. Now, responding to the needs of SMB’s, I have developed a prototype for an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution which allows them integrate employees, partners, banks and government departments, seamlessly through the Internet. This product shall be developed with a multitenant SaaS architecture and with Open Source Tools.
This project offers an excellent investment opportunity. Why?
- Cloud Computing is rapidly developing throughout USA and Europe. In Brazil this is an emerging technology, but there are no providers with truly multitenant SaaS ERP solutions;
- Big opportunities for local SaaS ERP supliers are all over the world. Local companies which fulfill niche markets needs will take advantage of this new business model;
- The majority of business in Brazil are conducted by SMB´s who require cost effective and efficient SaaS solutions. Multitenancy allows economie of scale that can reduce the final cost per seat and make first class ERP solutions an option for these companies;
- The Brazilian government now requires businesses to send electronic receipts (Nota Fiscal Eletrônica) to the Tax Department requiring greater use of integration thru technological platforms. Besides, there are plans for other APIS with fiscal purposes which makes this ecosystem very dynamic;
- A national initiative is coming to give all Brazilians cheap and fast Internet access (Plano Nacional de Banda Larga). This has opened the way for unprecedented opportunities for e-business;
- The Brazilian economy continues to grow sustainably, better than global trends.
With investment, I am confident that I can lead a small development team and leverage PaaS (Plataform as a Service) resources such as Google App Engine to decrease costs.
To run a demo with some features, I invite you to follow this link. Try it also with your mobile phone.